Update on the project
At today’s MC meeting it was decided that our main priorities at this very moment are to
- submit the Material Change of Use Application to Council (for the land)
2. collect all financial, building, economic and tourism data to finalise the business plan
3. continue to finalise a formal land lease agreement4. raise enough funds to pay for fees and experts for points 1, 2 and 3: Buy a Block
5. maintain and strengthen the relationship with the community in events:
- 17 March: TM Universe is at the TM Show; start Buy a Block fundraiser. We seek at least 2 volunteers to help out (app 10am-6pm)
- 27 March: MC meeting, 7pm
- late April: Auction fundraiser
- 19 May: special TM Universe night at the Zamia, screening The Dish and more
- 28 July: from 4am lunar eclipse event; programme entirely focused on kids. Maybe start with a sleep over from the 27th. Seeking volunteers to assist Craig.
The committee discussed the progress and decided that the current priorities as stated in 1 – 5 are necessary to be able to continue to next stages of the project. Funds raised with Buy a Block will be very cautiously and transparently spent on necessary costs for fees for council and for expert advice on a range of topics. Conditions are stated clearly at the website.
Because every Buyer of a Block automatically becomes a member for 2018, buyers will have direct access to all financials. The first General Meeting is foreseen for July, the AGM for September.